It looks like electrical construction is booming. I see job postings for Electrical Estimators almost everyday. Many days there are several postings throughout the day. The shortage of Electrical Estimators is affecting the profit and production of electrical contractors across Canada.
At this point in time, I can see 2 solutions for this shortage.
- Have one of your crew take an Electrical Estimating Course.
- Hire a company to do your estimates for you.
Option 1 will set your company up for future growth.
Option 2 will help you fill the short-term gap while you train one of your crew or go through the hiring process in a highly competitive market.
At Suderman Estimating Systems Inc. we can help with both problems. We offer Electrical Estimating Services (you can ask for more information by clicking here) and Electrical Estimating Courses.
Some comments from our recent courses –
What part of the course did you find most useful and worthwhile?
- Learning to calculate from the labor book is what’s really helped me.
- Systemized approached to estimating.
- Labour units, overhead + profit, commercial bidding.
Comment on the instruction that was provided:
- The instructor was really informative, with taking us through the process and looking into the estimating really closely.
- The instructor was great. Experienced and well versed in estimating and the electrical trade.
- The instructor was great, knowledgeable with lots of experience and very down to earth. I was skeptical of the Zoom format but it was great.
We’ve added online courses for August and September;
- Course 1, August 17th and 18th, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. EST
- Course 1, September 14th and 15th, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. EST
- Course 2, September 28th and 29th, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. EST
You can register by going here Course Dates